Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch OS 4.3.2 Chews up the battery life

I upgraded to Watch OS 4.3.2 yesterday and in 15 hours 90% of the better life is gone . I was with 4.3.1 able to go 2 days without charging the watch. I have changed nothing else. Anyone else having an issue with this? Thank you

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 8:45 PM

11 replies

Jul 18, 2018 11:43 AM in response to JLL1040

I have the same problem with a Watch 2 -- mid afternoon, I'll check battery status and it's at 80%. Half an hour later, it's at 38%! Let it go, and in another hour or less I get a power reserve warning. Put it on a charger to get it back above 60% or so.

Prior to the watchOS update, I'd go all day long and when I put it on the charger at night, it would be between 60% and 70% charged.

This seems to happen to mine mid-afternoon; not sure what's going on, but it has happened a number of days in a row.

73 de k6rtm

Aug 13, 2018 3:49 PM in response to JLL1040

I have the same issue. I have an AW3 with OS 4.3.2. I usually go on Power-Reserve late in the afternoon. My wife has an AW3 with OS 4.3.1. Hers lasts for two days. My watch now sits on my bureau after its nightly charge. I just checked and its charge is currently down to 33% at 3:45pm. My wife's shows 76% and it has been on her wrist all day. I really miss wearing the thing, but it no good to me this way. Anyone have an update?

Aug 15, 2018 12:46 PM in response to JLL1040

Same here. I have almost no notifications pushed to my watch as I use it mostly to track sleep and get call/text notifications during the day. I had it on do not disturb/sleep after fully charging last night before bed. Was down to 86% when I woke up - which is about twice as fast of a drain. By noon, was down below 60% and still set to DND.

I have it set not to light up for any reason aside from a touch. Brightness is as low as possible (which I often find it is strangely bright and have to go back, switch to brighten, then lower again).

After having this thing well over a year and never having issues, this seems like a terrible change. Using it so little, I've always been able to go 2 nights before charging. Hope this is a bug they fix over a foreshadowing of future performance.

Aug 18, 2018 1:36 PM in response to JLL1040

My problem with the battery draining seems to be resolved. I am back to getting over a day on one charge. This is even after my bike ride in the morning!

The watch seemed to be hung up on an app. The app was "Remote S" for Tesla cars. I had gone out to unlock my car. I attempted to unlock it with my watch which is normally very quick, but it refused to respond. When I got on the Tesla app on my phone, it was also hung up. I removed the app from the watch and all else came to life. That is when my battery life when back to normal.

Now I know not everyone has a Tesla, but you may have another hung up app. You might check to see if you have a corresponding watch app on your phone and see if it is functioning. That will most likely be the culprit.

Hope this helps!

Watch OS 4.3.2 Chews up the battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.