Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running 4K @ 60Hz on Late 2014 Mac Mini

Hi All,

It looks like there was a pretty long running discussion thread about how to achieve 4K resolution @ 60Hz on a Mac Mini, but the thread died out. In order for me to add to the discussion I have to ask another question. Hopefully anyone that is still subscribed to this thread will receive an update alert.

User uploaded file

I have been able to successfully achieve 4K resolution (3840 X 2160) @ 60Hz on my Mac. Here are the specs:

• Mac mini (Late 2014)
  • With 3 GHz Intel i7
  • Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Running OS High Sierra 10.13.5
  • On Samsung 43 Inch 4K UHD
  • Using DisplayPort (Thunderbolt 2) to HDMI Adapter [Cable Matters Active Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter]
  • With Ultra High Speed (18Gbps) HDMI 2.0 Cable

There tends to be a little bit of mouse cursor and window draw lag, but I have found this to be stable. I am using/running SwitchResX, but I personally don’t see the purpose of running it because I don’t switch between resolutions unless editing video or designing for different device resolutions.

Hope this helps!

Mac mini, iOS 10.3, 4K Display at 60 Hz

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 12:59 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Running 4K @ 60Hz on Late 2014 Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.