Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share albums in Photos with a PC user

I would like to share several albums in my Photos library (on my Mac, OS 10.13.5) with a PC user. Is there a way I can do this so when the PC user gains access to the individual albums, the photos are in the sequence that I have created in my individual shared Photos albums, and the individual photo titles are also visible to this PC user?

Will this work if I subscribe to the Apple Cloud Sharing service? Or in DropBox? Or is there other software that will show my individual Apple Photos albums to a PC user in the sequence I have created and with the titles I have assigned to each photo? Short of buying my PC user friend an Apple laptop, how can I give him access to my Photos albums on his PC, so he can see them the way I see them?

Thank you

Buster

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 4:11 AM

The shared albums are a bit limited. They are suppressing the titles and cannot be sorted. The photos are shown in the sequence we add them to the album. And the sequence changes, when we add comments.

What I am doing, when I want to share an album in the order I want, is to add each photo individually to the shared album. We must not select and share all photos from the original album at once, but do it one-by-one.

To make the titles visible, I add a comment to the photo and paste the title into the comment field. I add the comment immediately after I add the photo. Adding comments later may change the sequence of the photos in the album. Once the shared album is ready, I enable it as a public web page and invite the people I want to share this album with. The comment will be shown on the web page as titles below the photos.

Alternately, you can simply share the images as files in folder. To keep the files in the folder correctly sorted and with titles, add a running number as a prefix to the title, for example "001 At the Airport". Pad the numbers with leading zeroes. Then export the photos from Photos as files with "File > Export > Export .. photos" and select the file naming scheme "Filename: Use Titles".

Now compress this folder and copy this folder into your Dropbox and share it or send it by Mail drop or simply copy it to a ISB stick and give the stick to your friend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2018 4:11 AM in response to HDP

The shared albums are a bit limited. They are suppressing the titles and cannot be sorted. The photos are shown in the sequence we add them to the album. And the sequence changes, when we add comments.

What I am doing, when I want to share an album in the order I want, is to add each photo individually to the shared album. We must not select and share all photos from the original album at once, but do it one-by-one.

To make the titles visible, I add a comment to the photo and paste the title into the comment field. I add the comment immediately after I add the photo. Adding comments later may change the sequence of the photos in the album. Once the shared album is ready, I enable it as a public web page and invite the people I want to share this album with. The comment will be shown on the web page as titles below the photos.

Alternately, you can simply share the images as files in folder. To keep the files in the folder correctly sorted and with titles, add a running number as a prefix to the title, for example "001 At the Airport". Pad the numbers with leading zeroes. Then export the photos from Photos as files with "File > Export > Export .. photos" and select the file naming scheme "Filename: Use Titles".

Now compress this folder and copy this folder into your Dropbox and share it or send it by Mail drop or simply copy it to a ISB stick and give the stick to your friend.

How to share albums in Photos with a PC user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.