Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Running Slow After Removing Bootcamp Partition

I recently removed a bootcamp partition using the bootcamp assistant. My mac mini started running very slow afterwards. Applications won't respond, and my mac will occasionally freeze up. I tried updating macOS, and it didn't help.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 14, 2018 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 6:10 PM

Hello Porpoise87,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Mac. You state it is slow since removing the BootCamp partition, and mention you tried updating the operating system. I recommend reinstalling macOS.

Before any major changes, like updates or reinstallation of the operating system, it is recommended to have a backup. You can make a backup with Time Machine: Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac

Once the data is safe on your Mac, you can use this article to reinstall the operating system: How to reinstall macOS

Thanks and have a wonderful day.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2018 6:10 PM in response to Porpoise87

Hello Porpoise87,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your Mac. You state it is slow since removing the BootCamp partition, and mention you tried updating the operating system. I recommend reinstalling macOS.

Before any major changes, like updates or reinstallation of the operating system, it is recommended to have a backup. You can make a backup with Time Machine: Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac

Once the data is safe on your Mac, you can use this article to reinstall the operating system: How to reinstall macOS

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mac Running Slow After Removing Bootcamp Partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.