Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S Safari can not open Google

iPhone 6S iOS 11.4.1 and iPhone 5C iOS 10.3.3

Today Safari can not open Google, Yahoo and other search sites, because the browser can not connect to the server. Other sites are open. A Free Web Proxy site helps open up Google, etc. And such a picture with Mozilla Firefox and Aloha browsers too. WAN connection via home ADSL-WiFi-router is without any changes during the last 10 months. Android Sumsung Tab 3 (WiFi) opens search sites without problems.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Jul 15, 2018 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2018 6:18 AM

Hello Bob5591,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding Safari won't load specific search sites on your iPhone 6s and iPhone 5c. I can see how this could be concerning, especially since the issue is occurring on two devices. I'm happy to help.

Please try the steps in the link below:

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2018 6:18 AM in response to Bob5591

Hello Bob5591,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding Safari won't load specific search sites on your iPhone 6s and iPhone 5c. I can see how this could be concerning, especially since the issue is occurring on two devices. I'm happy to help.

Please try the steps in the link below:

If Safari displays a blank page or quits on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know the results. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Jul 22, 2018 6:36 AM in response to chris_g1

Hello chris_g1,

Thanks for the help! I tried to restart the iPhones, clean up Safary and its data and did many other things that I now do not remember. I did not have the opportunity to connect another WiFi network. It was strange, but my Android Sumsung Tab 3 (WiFi) opened search sites without problems. The next morning Sumsung Tab 3 stopped working correctly with Wi-Fi. Then I changed my WiFi router, which solved my problem.

Good luck to you!

iPhone 6S Safari can not open Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.