Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSStatus error 99999

Hello!

I get this error message when opening applications not from the App Store. Is there a fix for this? Thank you for the help!

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 15, 2018 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 4:28 AM

Hi,

SystemPolicy corrupted, no? Somebody has a better idea?

You can try:

copy/paste the line below in your Terminal:

sudo cp /var/db/.SystemPolicy-default /var/db/SystemPolicy

(type enter)

(type your admin password)

And restart.

Regards.

7 replies

Jul 21, 2018 3:44 PM in response to Almojgar

I'm confident it is the OS unless the network or browser (safari) I'm downloading the applications (3 independent, unrelated software programs) through is corrupting them. All downloads are coming directly from the original creators of the software which are Thea Benchmark Tool, Solidthinking Evolve, & Google Chrome. Microsoft Office worked, but that isn't really surprising since it is probably the most ubiquitous software on the planet and is no doubt an identified developer. Google Chrome actually installed but when you try to run the application it says ""Google Chrome" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Maybe it is just a faulty computer (its brand new)?

Jul 21, 2018 4:07 PM in response to kennisfromcarmel

Certainly not hardware-related, IMO. But I don't know some apps you want to install, I go seek a tad...

May I propose you to use this app http://www.etrecheck.com/ (widely used in this forum, a serious tool not a gadget) to check your system. Clean suspect files as advised and solve problems as far as you can.

Restart and see how things evolve. If nothing better, please post your results here and wait for expert advices.

Regards.

OSStatus error 99999

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.