Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact sync

I entered a new contact on my Mac Pro 13 but it does not sync with my iPhone and iPad.

There is no issue with my calendar, notes and tasks.

What can I do? thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), iOS 11.4.1, iPhone X

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 12:48 AM

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2018 12:48 AM in response to Chuasweetien

Try going to iCloud.com using a computer to see if the items are there and whether they are from the device or the computer. That should show whether the device or the computer isn't syncing. If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then recheck syncing. If the device, go to Settings/Your Name/iCloud and do the above. As a last resort, you can also try signing out of iCloud and then sign in again.

Aug 31, 2018 10:02 AM in response to Eric Root

"If the computer, try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing."

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now.

"System Preferences/iCloud" does not seem to have a setting to toggle syncing on and off??

I'm entering stuff on my MacBookPro and its not syncing with either the iCloud of the iPhone.

I just entered a new "test" contact on the iPhone and it did show up in the Cloud contacts, but not on the MacBookPro??

Ideas??

Contact sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.