Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I find my Apple TV code

the air play device Apple TV requires a code; where do I find it

Posted on Jul 16, 2018 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 1:13 PM

Hello Shutterlab!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that you are trying to use AirPlay with your Apple TV and another device, but your Apple TV is requiring a code before you can do this.

The code or 'PIN' that is required for Apple TV will be displayed on the television it's connected to. Check out this article called Use Conference Room Display mode and related settings on your Apple TV , specifically this section:

Change the security settings for AirPlay

Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation) requires you to enter a PIN displayed on your television the first time that you AirPlay from another Apple device. To require a PIN every time you use AirPlay, go to Settings > AirPlay > Conference Room Display and turn on Require PIN Every Time.

If your Apple TV has tvOS 11.2 or earlier, go to Settings > AirPlay > AirPlay, select Require Code under Security, then choose when you want to require a code to use AirPlay.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) don’t require a code, unless you enable Require Device Verification.

I hope this information is helpful to you!

Have a wonderful day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2018 1:13 PM in response to Shutterlab

Hello Shutterlab!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I see from your post that you are trying to use AirPlay with your Apple TV and another device, but your Apple TV is requiring a code before you can do this.

The code or 'PIN' that is required for Apple TV will be displayed on the television it's connected to. Check out this article called Use Conference Room Display mode and related settings on your Apple TV , specifically this section:

Change the security settings for AirPlay

Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation) requires you to enter a PIN displayed on your television the first time that you AirPlay from another Apple device. To require a PIN every time you use AirPlay, go to Settings > AirPlay > Conference Room Display and turn on Require PIN Every Time.

If your Apple TV has tvOS 11.2 or earlier, go to Settings > AirPlay > AirPlay, select Require Code under Security, then choose when you want to require a code to use AirPlay.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) don’t require a code, unless you enable Require Device Verification.

I hope this information is helpful to you!

Have a wonderful day!

Jul 17, 2018 1:46 PM in response to raina_b22

Thanks Becky.

I ended up calling apple support, several time till I found someone who actually could help me. Her answer was pretty much the same process but the exact opposite goal: we set the security, after a few false starts, so that it now NEVER requires a code, but instead ALWAYS require a password. The difference is I can always know my password, and no longer have to run up and down the stairs to see the code — every time so far, I have failed to make it before the code expired.

Appreciate the assistance!

how do I find my Apple TV code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.