Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a weird redirection virus

hello I have been noticing that I have been redirected so many times in a short period of time and when I am on safari it redirects me to random advertisement pages, whilst it redirect me it goes through multiple links, I think I saw "ip track" on one link. I have tried everything I know to get rid of this, I have tried the free Bitdefender virus scanner, It scanned a few documents and showed it had viruses so then I thought It was over, I loaded up safari and the same thing happened, I really don't know what to do, somebody please help.

thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

Jul 17, 2018 7:27 PM in response to t03mn

It is the website and the link that you went to.

Safari by default goes back to the same website that were open in Safari when you closed it.

To stop that hold down the Shift key as you open Safari, or open a new window in Safari, and go to a reliable website, such as this, then shut the other Windows (select them and command w) before closing Safari and restarting. Then Safari has the good site as its "reopen" target.

Also pay attention to where you are and what you are doing.

This is the Pages for Mac forum, not the Safari forum.

Jul 17, 2018 8:10 PM in response to t03mn

PeterBreis0807 wrote:

It is the website and the link that you went to.

Safari by default goes back to the same website that were open in Safari when you closed it.

To stop that hold down the Shift key as you open Safari, or open a new window in Safari, and go to a reliable website, such as this, then shut the other Windows (select them and command w) before closing Safari and restarting. Then Safari has the good site as its "reopen" target.

Also pay attention to where you are and what you are doing.

This is the Pages for Mac forum, not the Safari forum.

I have a weird redirection virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.