Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone noticed their Macs taking longer to wake from sleep under 10.13.6?

Waking my iMac from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard takes noticeably longer now than 10.13.5 and previous. Screen would light up within a few seconds, now it's taking about 15 seconds before the screen wakes up.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), 27-inch, Mid 2011, 3.4 GHz i7

Posted on Jul 17, 2018 7:48 PM

7 replies

Jul 17, 2018 7:49 PM in response to Ken Shimabukuro

Try resetting the SMC http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

1 Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.

2 After your Mac shuts down, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.

3 If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.

4 Release all keys.

5 Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

Jul 18, 2018 10:17 PM in response to Ken Shimabukuro

I have the same issue . It takes my display 20 seconds to illuminate after waking from sleep on both my late 2014 and mid 2011 iMacs. This issue started with macOS 10.13.6. There is another discussion about this issue going on. Send feedback to Apple about this issue. The more feedback they get, the more chance that they might fix this issue.

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 17, 2018 9:30 PM in response to leroydouglas

I reset the System Management Controller... no change. But in experimenting I found out if I wake my iMac by pressing the power button on the back instead of a key on the keyboard the screen lights up instantly, while waking my iMac by pressing a key on the keyboard takes about 15 seconds before the screen comes on.

I also reset the PRAM/NVRAM via the <option><command><p><r> key combo. Still no difference.

I wonder if Apple changed something via a firmware update. If Apple did I hope they'll change it back soon.... in a 10.13.7 update, maybe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.