Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to rename apple tv with some symbols

Due to I used to rename my apple tv 4th gen with symbol “apple logo” and right now I’ve reset my apple tv and wanna rename to previous name with apple logo but it shown message “The name you entered contains invalid characters. Try a different name.”

Please let me know how I can rename with symbol again.

Note: My device is latest tvOS if I didn’t reset. It can using symbol of apple

Posted on Jul 20, 2018 8:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 21, 2018 3:38 AM in response to naiaei

How did you enter the symbol when you got the error message? If you copy-and-pasted with the help of the iOS Keyboard Input, then you may have copied other characters as well, some of which may perhaps not be valid.

I just tried using the -symbol in naming my Apple TV 4K (tvOS 11.4.1), and didn’t get an error. I copied the symbol from a page with the Unicode character U+F8FF, like in this post. The rest of the device name was done with the iOS keyboard.

Jul 21, 2018 6:18 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi Urquhart1244

Thanks for your response, I've setup shortcut text for  with "apple" in my iPhone.

I also tried as your suggestion but my tv still shown error message.

I don't know what going on with my tv.

Firstly I thought tvOS 11.4.1 might not support symbol but your device can rename with symbol so I wonder why my device cannot rename?

I want to rename apple tv with some symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.