Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead Slow iPad Pro WiFi Connection Finally Fixed

I have finally pinpointed the culprit that has been the cause for over two years of an agonizingly frustrating and unbearably slow internet browsing experience with my iPad Pro (first generation 12.9”) : A faulty Bluetooth driver 😠

Simply by toggling off Bluetooth the problem disappeared ! Further inspection quickly enabled me to locate and delete the driver causing the issue. It might seem ridiculous that such a simple solution had me stumped for so long, but the truth is nowhere has this kind of issue been reported on any of the Apple forums, troubleshooting websites or FAQ’s I've tapped into. More often than not, the iPad being such a widely used no-hassle device, people are quick to point towards the problem lying elsewhere (router, wifi hotpsot, IT provider ...). And the only advice I ever found pertaining to the iPad itself concerned the WiFi configuration, choice of DNS server, my Internet browser app, or simply resetting the unit ... Of course, none of these paths lead to anything.

So there you have it. A faulty 3rd party Bluetooth driver. Apple would no doubt comfortably respond with a “Nothing to do with us then ...”, and indeed it isn't. But that being said, just how normal (or abnormal) is it that the Bluetooth technology used in the iPad-Pro isn’t capable of detecting something so blatantly obvious as a driver that‘s literally bringing the device to its knees (along with its user) and subsequently - if it’s not asking too much - notifying that it has been switched off accordingly ? I mean, just how hard can it be to implement such a safeguard ?

Anyway, sharing the solution to this problem which other people out there might also be facing is more important than having a rant, so I‘lol stop there and hope this helps !

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4, Purchased in France

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Dead Slow iPad Pro WiFi Connection Finally Fixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.