Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone/iPad Wi-Fi becomes very slow when bluetooth is on

I'm experiencing a very slow Wi-Fi connection on all my devices whenever bluetooth is on. All my devices run on the latest software (iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 12, and iPad Pro 11" 2018 - iOS/iPadOS 14.7.1).

I've tested this numerous times by trying to compare the internet speed by turning the bluetooth on and off, and the results are always the same: When the bluetooth is off, I get approx. 70 Mbps, this is very close to my subscribed internet speed which is up to 75Mbps. But every time I turn the bluetooth on, the speed drastically drops to around 5-10 Mbps only.

I've also tested the speed on my Mac and iPad Pro using ethernet cable, and the speed was normal, 75Mbps.

Somehow the bluetooth is interfering with the Wi-Fi. This never happened before. I did try and test it with another iPhone Xs Max running on iOS 14.3 and the results were the same.

The router I'm using is Cisco DPC-3828s.

Does anyone has a fix on this? I hope this problem will be fixed in the next iOS update.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 6:37 AM

Hi HUSE7N,

It looks like you're having issues with Wi-Fi. If that's correct, check out the following resource.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

This should help.

Cheers.

2 replies

iPhone/iPad Wi-Fi becomes very slow when bluetooth is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.