Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPU throttling on MBP 15 2017

Hello! I have a problem Radeon 555 on my Apple MacBook Pro 15 with Retina display Mid 2017 256gb.

Running on Windows 10 build 1803. (Clear Installed in May)

The cooling system operates correctly 5900rpm on the left and 5500rpm on the right
I make reset SMC.

I love play FIFA 18 on my notebook. 11 months I played without problems (60fps ultra graphics). Then began to appear small lags (small drops to 53 fps).

Now instead of 60 fps I get 25-30 fps.. I decided to test my computer with programs Fumark and GPU Shark.
CPU load 1%-2%

1 min stress-test

User uploaded file

2 min stress-test

User uploaded file

4 min – freq down to 693mhz

User uploaded file

4:20 min - freq down to 590 mhz

User uploaded file

12 min - end stress-test. AVG freq 693mhz (sometimes down to 590 and up to 782 mhz)

Stress-Test with CPU load 57%

User uploaded file

freq 487 mhz ⚠

So I did a test in the Cinebench R15.

96 fps when the macbook is cold

64 fps when the macbook is hot (5 consecutive Tests)

User uploaded file

On Mac OS

83 fps when the macbook is cold

73 fps when the macbook is hot (5 consecutive Tests)

(forgot screenshot)

All screens in full resolution – https://cloud.mail.ru/public/GFjs/4DfG5G3Nu

MacBook purchased on August 8 2017

Should I contact the service center? Why is such a fall performance?

PS

I'm from Russia, sry for my English %)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), With BootCamp Windows 10

Posted on Jul 23, 2018 6:47 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 26, 2018 10:10 AM in response to Panovsasha

Dear Friend

I am experiencing the same problem (called thermal throttling) with an old Macbook Late 2009 (Unibody 6.1). If your macbook is on quarantee take it to an authorized apple service center. Otherwise visit www.crystalidea.com and download mac fan control application for both windows and mac os x and set to maximum both fans and see if the problem persists.

Kostas

GPU throttling on MBP 15 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.