You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MACBOOK AIR M1 heats up on oceanhorn 2

I have my Macbook for 3days now, its excellent and superb battery life and performance, Im using it for basic tasks, typing browsing, watching netflix, and such so I tried to play few games on it to see how it performs like, among us, sonic racing any games from apple arcade that I normally play on my Ipad then I tried playing the OceanHorn2 download file of the game was like 3GB and after launching the game for couple of minutes my macbook air Heats Up as in so HOT! ☹️ Checked activity monitor the GPU is almost at 100 is this an issue? can I have this replaced?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 5:04 PM

Oceanhorn 2 is a very graphics intensive game. Thus it will push the gpu very hard, causing it to heat up. That is why your m1 MacBook air is getting hot. As long as it doesn't get hot under normal use like web browsing and watching 4k youtube, you should be fine and it is completely normal. Even my m1 MacBook pro with a fan gets hot playing oceanhorn 2. It's just the laws of physics. The reviewers are raving too much how these new MacBooks never get hot because they're too hyped up, but you have to realize if you push it really hard, it's gonna get hot. You should be fine. It's completely normal for it to get hot during games and other intensive tasks and there is really nothing you can do about it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 5:04 PM in response to imkrssclm

Oceanhorn 2 is a very graphics intensive game. Thus it will push the gpu very hard, causing it to heat up. That is why your m1 MacBook air is getting hot. As long as it doesn't get hot under normal use like web browsing and watching 4k youtube, you should be fine and it is completely normal. Even my m1 MacBook pro with a fan gets hot playing oceanhorn 2. It's just the laws of physics. The reviewers are raving too much how these new MacBooks never get hot because they're too hyped up, but you have to realize if you push it really hard, it's gonna get hot. You should be fine. It's completely normal for it to get hot during games and other intensive tasks and there is really nothing you can do about it.

MACBOOK AIR M1 heats up on oceanhorn 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.