Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am responsible for writing a 6-8 page newsletter. PC land Publisher was used. Which Apple app would be recommended to do the same?

I am now responsible to write a 6-8 page newsletter. Previous person used Microsoft Publisher. What would be the best Mac program to use?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 6:44 PM

The only Apple provided software that offers simplistic layout is the free Pages application, but be forewarned that it has far less capability than the decades of functionality invested in MS Publisher. It cannot open MS Publisher files, so worst case, you have to design your own newsletter template, and hope that Pages offers just the features you need to achieve newsletter creation goals. Then you can export to PDF, or even Word .docx formats.

An alternative, non-Apple solution might be Swift Publisher 5 in the Mac App Store. There is a trial download from the vendor site.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2018 6:44 PM in response to bkrucks

The only Apple provided software that offers simplistic layout is the free Pages application, but be forewarned that it has far less capability than the decades of functionality invested in MS Publisher. It cannot open MS Publisher files, so worst case, you have to design your own newsletter template, and hope that Pages offers just the features you need to achieve newsletter creation goals. Then you can export to PDF, or even Word .docx formats.

An alternative, non-Apple solution might be Swift Publisher 5 in the Mac App Store. There is a trial download from the vendor site.

Jul 25, 2018 5:39 AM in response to bkrucks

Greetings, bkrucks.

I see that you're wondering which Apple application you can use to create a newsletter. You've used Microsoft Publisher in the past, but you'd like to know which one works well on your MacBook Pro. I'm happy to help.

Pages overview -- Pages Help -- I recommend using Pages. It includes a few newsletter templates and you can also create your own.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

I am responsible for writing a 6-8 page newsletter. PC land Publisher was used. Which Apple app would be recommended to do the same?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.