Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paperlike Screen Protectors

Hey! I just recently purchased the iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 (2nd generation) and as a freelance designer I’m curious if anyone can give me their opinion about, or tell me about their experience with, the best screen protectors for that paper-like feeling. I bought the tech-armor anti glare ballistic glass screen protector but I’m afraid to install it and take the chance if wasting it in case I find a better screen protector for that “paper-like“ experience. Also does thick glass affect the sensitivity of the apple pen. Or will the thick anti glare glass give the best resistance without messing up any of the apple pens abilities?

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 11:34 PM

Putting on a glass screen protector will not feel any different with your Apple Pencil.

It will be just a slick and slippery as using your Apple Pencil directly on the actual iPad glass screen.

The thick glass of a screen protector DOES affect Apple Pencil performance and affects some Apple Pencil compatible apps, as well.

What you really need is a thin filmed matte ( semi-dull ) screen protector.

The problem with ALL matte screen protectors is that all of these affect the clarity/resolution of the gorgeous quality of the iPad Pro's screen.

You are better off just getting any good quality protective cover/case for your iPad Pro, instead.

If reducing the quality/clarity of your iPad Pro’s screen doesn’t really bother you, look at Tech Armor’s thin filmed matte finished screen protector ( from Amazon ) OR this screen protector called Paper-like.

https://paperlike.com/

Good Luck to You!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2018 11:34 PM in response to Jmavra3653

Putting on a glass screen protector will not feel any different with your Apple Pencil.

It will be just a slick and slippery as using your Apple Pencil directly on the actual iPad glass screen.

The thick glass of a screen protector DOES affect Apple Pencil performance and affects some Apple Pencil compatible apps, as well.

What you really need is a thin filmed matte ( semi-dull ) screen protector.

The problem with ALL matte screen protectors is that all of these affect the clarity/resolution of the gorgeous quality of the iPad Pro's screen.

You are better off just getting any good quality protective cover/case for your iPad Pro, instead.

If reducing the quality/clarity of your iPad Pro’s screen doesn’t really bother you, look at Tech Armor’s thin filmed matte finished screen protector ( from Amazon ) OR this screen protector called Paper-like.

https://paperlike.com/

Good Luck to You!

Jul 24, 2018 11:31 PM in response to Jmavra3653

IMO, glass screen covers offer almost no real protection and just distract from the whole ipad experience, especially for drawing, sketching, writing.

Just get a good case with a screen cover. I use this a Benuo folio with my 10.5” iPad Pro. It offers great drop and screen cover protection when transporting, and leaves the screen unaltered for use with my Apple Pencil.

Amazon.com: iPad Pro 10.5 Case, Benuo [Vintage Series] Folio Flip Leather Case w/Build-in Apple Pencil Holder and Stand …

Paperlike Screen Protectors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.