Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal requests on HomePod not responding. Repeated toggles tried, resetting tried. What next?

Just set up my second home pod in different wing of home than # 1.

Cannot use Siri requests other than for playing my apple music. I.e, can ask it to set up appointements, etc. -- tried toggling 'personal request' toggle on and off mulitiple times, tried resetting home pod, tried youtube suggested fixes. Nada.

Any other advice? Each try nets Homepods response of, "Before I can help with that, you're need to enable personal requests, go to home app on iphone, go to home settings, tap you name and turn on personal requests."

All of which I've done repeatedly, plus tried restarting iphone twice to see if it needed a reboot. Still nada. Otherwise, home pod is working, it just will not activiate personal requests. Urgh. Any ideas?

Thx!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 10:47 AM

Normally what would happen is that the HomePod would be able to distinguish which device you are talking to. When Im in my living room where my HomePod lives, and I have my phone with me, if I was talking to my Homepod the Siri on my phone would common for a hot second, then go back off and the HomePod would take over. Make sure you're logged in with the same Apple ID on both your phone and HomePod.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2018 10:47 AM in response to trevnologies

Normally what would happen is that the HomePod would be able to distinguish which device you are talking to. When Im in my living room where my HomePod lives, and I have my phone with me, if I was talking to my Homepod the Siri on my phone would common for a hot second, then go back off and the HomePod would take over. Make sure you're logged in with the same Apple ID on both your phone and HomePod.

Personal requests on HomePod not responding. Repeated toggles tried, resetting tried. What next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.