Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple earphones pausing music by itself

My iphone x wire earphones are pausing and playing muaic by itself without me pressing the buttons.

It also acceptes and decline phone calls and activate siri alone.

headphones in normal condition, not cut in the wires or anything

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2018 12:57 PM

Hi laithfromespoo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your Apple EarPods. I’m happy to help. If you have not already, I suggest restarting your iPhone to see if the issue persists.

If it does, I suggest following the steps in the article below:

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they are still not working as expected afterward, I advise trying another pair of headphones to see if they work as expected. If they do, the issue would be isolated to the original pair of EarPods. At that point, you’d want to contact Apple Support for service options.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2018 12:57 PM in response to laithfromespoo

Hi laithfromespoo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with your Apple EarPods. I’m happy to help. If you have not already, I suggest restarting your iPhone to see if the issue persists.

If it does, I suggest following the steps in the article below:

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If they are still not working as expected afterward, I advise trying another pair of headphones to see if they work as expected. If they do, the issue would be isolated to the original pair of EarPods. At that point, you’d want to contact Apple Support for service options.

Take care.

Apple earphones pausing music by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.