Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music paused when using Apple earpiece

Hi, I have read a few similar questions in the forum but those are not available for further replies.

So, I've got a 12, I would play Apple music with Apple wired earpiece plugged on while walking. Over the last few weeks I found the music keep pausing when I put the phone in my pocket. Otherwise it played smoothly without event when I held it in hand.

When the music paused, I would press the centrepiece on the earpiece to start playing. The music would pause again a few seconds later. After I have tried this a few times it will either skip to the next music and start pausing, or activate this 'voice control' function. No such nonsense occurred when I held it in hand with the same wired earpiece plugged on.

I wonder if it is due to some very smart Iphone features that I have yet to turn off, like tap to wake and auto-sync. While I understand airpods are widely used today, I would still like to use the wired earpiece. Is there anything I can do to keep the music playing?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 4:46 AM

Your wired earpiece (which comes with the pause feature) is likely defective. Replace with new.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple music paused when using Apple earpiece

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.