Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i download all the photos in iCloud back to my MAC and then stop sharing photos to iCloud?

I'm running out of space on iCloud. I do not wish to purchase additional space. I would like to download all my photos from iCloud to my MAC and then remove them from iCloud. How do I do this?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 7:01 PM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2018 10:53 AM in response to donfromoak creek

To delete them from iCloud, after doing the above, reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and create a new system Library. After syncing, you can now delete photos from your computer while maintaining a master copy on the computer. When you have finished deleting and the delete has synced, you can delete the Library.

Then reopen Photos with the option/alt key held down and select your original Library.

The only other way I am aware of is to do a manual delete at iCloud.com/Photos. Hold down the command while selecting the photos. Then click the Trash Can. You can also try selecting a moment, then click the Share button, and then cancelling the Share. The photos should remain selected.

How do i download all the photos in iCloud back to my MAC and then stop sharing photos to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.