Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Square around the Apple Logo when turning ON.

I bought MacBook Pro 2017 Without touch-bar model, when i opened the laptop it was automatically booted. An Apple Logo was on the screen, suddenly there was Red color square around the Apple Logo. Is it a software glitch or hardware issue. Factory default MacOS was :- 10.13.4. Please help me out.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2018 8:43 PM

Yes it does complete the booting and i was successful enough to set up my newly MacBook Pro.
I contacted Apple Support via.

This is what their reply is : - "Historically, the issue you’re having is not hardware related.

It was a cosmetic visual issue that occurred during start up, but it was supposed to be fixed back on the macOS 10.12.3 update."

" However, since you’re using macOS 10.13.6 and you’re still having the issue, we’ll want to have a senior advisor gather diagnostic and usage logs to escalate to our engineers.".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2018 8:43 PM in response to Eric Root

Yes it does complete the booting and i was successful enough to set up my newly MacBook Pro.
I contacted Apple Support via.

This is what their reply is : - "Historically, the issue you’re having is not hardware related.

It was a cosmetic visual issue that occurred during start up, but it was supposed to be fixed back on the macOS 10.12.3 update."

" However, since you’re using macOS 10.13.6 and you’re still having the issue, we’ll want to have a senior advisor gather diagnostic and usage logs to escalate to our engineers.".

Red Square around the Apple Logo when turning ON.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.