Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAIL PROBLEM

I have been using Mail for some time with no issues. However, recently, it's been doing something strange. It will "blend" 2 e-mails together and produce an e-mail with one subject title and a code body of another. Code meaning html code (or whatever it's written in) instead of normal text. When I check my native mail apps (GMail, Verizon (now AOL) mail) there is no issue. They also show up fine on my iPhone. So the issue appears to be only in Mail on my Mac. It doesn't happen a lot, but is a little disconcerting. Any help appreciated. I have captured a screen shot that I could send to anyone that might find it useful.

Chuck

Posted on Jul 29, 2018 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2018 4:47 AM

The only other thing I can think of would be to Rebuild your Mailbox (Mailbox menu).

All of the messages are stored as single files. However, the display is driven by a database that indexes all of the messages. It could be that the database is corrupt and merging the two messages in the display.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2018 4:47 AM in response to crf59

The only other thing I can think of would be to Rebuild your Mailbox (Mailbox menu).

All of the messages are stored as single files. However, the display is driven by a database that indexes all of the messages. It could be that the database is corrupt and merging the two messages in the display.

MAIL PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.