Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't See Bluetooth Mouse

I have a bluetooth mouse that I had successfully connected to a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. The mouse worked perfectly fine for several weeks. I removed the mouse from the Bluetooth menu a few months ago. Now I am trying to reconnect the mouse to the MacBook Pro. On the mouse menu, the computer never sees the mouse. If I go to the Bluetooth menu the computer can see the mouse and connect to it. After this though the mouse still doesn't show up in the mouse settings menu. Lastly, if I turn the mouse off, when I turn it back on the computer won't reconnect to it. I have to remove the mouse from the Bluetooth menu and re-pair.

I have already tried the following troubleshooting steps.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/15/reset-bluetooth-hardware-module-mac-osx/

This mouse works with no issue on my Windows Surface. And yes, I have made sure that the Surface is off when trying to connect to the MacBook Pro so that there are no interference issues.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 8:41 AM

No, this is not my issue. My issue is not that I need re-pair the mouse, my issue is that I am not able to re-pair the mouse and configure on the mouse settings screen. When on the mouse settings screen, the computer never detects the mouse when I hit the connect button on the mouse (pic 1).

User uploaded file

When on the Bluetooth settings screen, the mouse does show, I can pair and successfully connect to the mouse (pics 2-4).

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

However, when I go back to the mouse settings screen it still never shows the mouse (pic 5).

User uploaded file

Lastly, if I turn the mouse off, the status on the Bluetooth screen shows as not connected, this is expected, however, when I turn the mouse back on, it never connects (pic 6). To get it to connect again I have to remove the mouse, and then re-pair.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 8:41 AM in response to SnickZ.

No, this is not my issue. My issue is not that I need re-pair the mouse, my issue is that I am not able to re-pair the mouse and configure on the mouse settings screen. When on the mouse settings screen, the computer never detects the mouse when I hit the connect button on the mouse (pic 1).

User uploaded file

When on the Bluetooth settings screen, the mouse does show, I can pair and successfully connect to the mouse (pics 2-4).

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

However, when I go back to the mouse settings screen it still never shows the mouse (pic 5).

User uploaded file

Lastly, if I turn the mouse off, the status on the Bluetooth screen shows as not connected, this is expected, however, when I turn the mouse back on, it never connects (pic 6). To get it to connect again I have to remove the mouse, and then re-pair.

User uploaded file

Aug 2, 2018 9:42 AM in response to dbmurch

I was able to solve this issue myself. While using the mouse with the USB adapter, I selected "Setup Bluetooth Mouse" and from there I was able to pair the mouse via Bluetooth and have it start working. So the mouse must be plugged in as a USB mouse before High Sierra would properly connect via Bluetooth.

User uploaded file

Jul 31, 2018 6:17 AM in response to dbmurch

Greetings, dbmurch.

I see that a Bluetooth mouse you use with your MacBook Pro has stopped recognizing the mouse after you removed it from the Bluetooth menu on your Mac. I'm happy to help.

Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac -- Per the footnote provided, when a Bluetooth device has been unpaired (removed) from a Mac, it will need to be paired again in order to use.

Remove a Bluetooth device from your Mac

If you want to remove (unpair) a Bluetooth device from your Mac's device list, follow these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth.
  2. Hover the pointer over the device you want to remove, then click the button User uploaded file that appears next to the device's name.

After you remove a Bluetooth device, you'll have to repeat the pairing process if you want to use it again.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

Can't See Bluetooth Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.