Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth mouse dropout on High Sierra

Apple mouse drops out every few seconds, then need to click several times to reconnect, or manually go through the Bluetooth menu. Frustration doesn't adequately describe the effect that this has. Several closed threads describe the same thing happening to other people; none of the suggested solutions worked. What seems to have worked for me is to delete the device from Bluetooth preferences and then rediscover and connect it as though it is a new mouse. I tried other things first, so it may have been a combination of those things and deleting the mouse from the Bluetooth prefs that did the job.

iMac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 6:51 PM

guype wrote:

Apple mouse drops out every few seconds, then need to click several times to reconnect, or manually go through the Bluetooth menu. Frustration doesn't adequately describe the effect that this has. Several closed threads describe the same thing happening to other people; none of the suggested solutions worked. What seems to have worked for me is to delete the device from Bluetooth preferences and then rediscover and connect it as though it is a new mouse. I tried other things first, so it may have been a combination of those things and deleting the mouse from the Bluetooth prefs that did the job.

You can try resetting from shift option keys click the BT icon in the upper right menu bar>Debug

Bluetooth: Unreliable wireless performance may occur when USB 3.0 external devices are close - Apple Support

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2018 6:51 PM in response to guype

guype wrote:

You can try resetting from shift option keys click the BT icon in the upper right menu bar>Debug

Bluetooth: Unreliable wireless performance may occur when USB 3.0 external devices are close - Apple Support

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Bluetooth mouse dropout on High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.