Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Odd behavior after nonconsensual phone confiscation

Hi everyone

where ur phone and computers and tablets at taken from you without cause At a border of customs and Passwords are Forced to be given without consent Will my phone and devices be compromised as it's a bit un Nerving

after this experience my phone went down hill, heating , slow, random flash of camera going off, strange analytics and diagnostics packets from apps I do not have and never have had. becuase of the camera flashes I cover all the lenses as I'm concerned is it possible that I'm being viewed?

Do you have anyways to allow me to check for tapping and key tracing and the potentially installed software so I don't have to be so scared.

I am greatly concerned of my privacy. I don’t know if an answer may be provided which is understandable, I'm just wondering if it possible to see for software Placed on the devices?Any experiences on this at all on what could be done. and wondering even if I wiped a device clean or bought a new entire set, iPad , ipad mini, 3 iPhones and a MacBook, once I sign onto the store or iTunes or cloud is it a possibility that I could be tapped again? There is one application on my iPhone I have never used neither do I have an account for, but it continued to ping out diagnostics, that's when I started to be concerned as it should not Do so, also it kept pinging out after deleted it.

Could you provide with some guildlines as to check and feel a bit more at ease? I tried a lot to ready through the forums and guildines prior to asking because I was unable to find a answer to match.

Thank you greatly .

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 11:31 AM

If you are concerned about your privacy, then restore the device to factory settings to wipe it completely, Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

You can then restore the device to a backup that was made before you believe the device to have been compromised. If you do not have a backup from before this may have occurred, then you will have to set the device up as new and start over again.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2018 11:31 AM in response to Suryasta

If you are concerned about your privacy, then restore the device to factory settings to wipe it completely, Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

You can then restore the device to a backup that was made before you believe the device to have been compromised. If you do not have a backup from before this may have occurred, then you will have to set the device up as new and start over again.

Odd behavior after nonconsensual phone confiscation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.