Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone backup complete but no photos load in iCloud.

I backed up my iphone 6s on iOS 11.4 earlier today and after recieving the signal that the backup was complete, i signed into iCloud on my Mac to access Photos. Unfortunately, it seems that whilst the backup was classed as complete, my photos have not been uploaded onto icloud. There is plenty of storage available (3.4G) and i am confused as to how to resolve this

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 7:01 PM

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup by logging into www.icloud.com. The photos (and other data) there are synced rather than being part of a backup. The photos in the Photos app there are in iCloud Photo Library. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support for more information about that, including how to turn it on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2018 7:01 PM in response to 1eleni3

You cannot view the contents of an iCloud Backup by logging into www.icloud.com. The photos (and other data) there are synced rather than being part of a backup. The photos in the Photos app there are in iCloud Photo Library. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support for more information about that, including how to turn it on.

Phone backup complete but no photos load in iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.