Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle not working

I’ve tried every button there is to shuffle the music on my iphone and iPod but nothing seems to work. Followed advice to touch the album artwork to reveal a scrubber to turn off the endless repeat. No touching, tapping, hitting will show the scrubber. Can someone please help as this is driving us nuts.. thanks.

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 11:17 PM

Hello Stephanium

From the information you have provided I suggest you check out the following information:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

Repeat songs

Open the Now Playing screen and scroll down.
Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.
When repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file .

Once you have repeat turned off, then you can turn on shuffle.

Shuffle songs

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.
When shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2018 11:17 PM in response to stephanium

Hello Stephanium

From the information you have provided I suggest you check out the following information:

Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support

Repeat songs

Tap User uploaded file once to turn on repeat for an entire playlist or album. Tap User uploaded file again to turn on repeat for one song. Tap User uploaded file a third time to clear the repeat.
When repeat is on, you'll see User uploaded file or User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file .

Once you have repeat turned off, then you can turn on shuffle.

Shuffle songs

Tap User uploaded file to set Music to always shuffle a list of songs selected. Any album, playlist, or set of songs will play in a random order.
When shuffle is on, you'll see User uploaded file. To turn it off, tap the button until you see User uploaded file .

Shuffle not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.