Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot search for music using Windows 10 iTunes

Whenever I try to search for music using the Windows iTunes app, it takes me to the browse tab but the page is stuck. The page doesn't change from saying "Welcome to Apple Music" and then the specifics of Apple Music. This problem first seemed to happen when I updated to the second most recent update. From then on I cannot search for music using the application. I also cannot seem to find anyone else who is experiencing this issue, so I tested to see if the application did not install properly, but when reinstalling the problem persisted. Could someone please help me?

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 30, 2018 6:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 10:04 AM

Greetings chris_O011,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to search for music within iTunes on your Windows PC.

The following support article provides helpful suggestions for when you're unable to connect with the iTunes Store as expected: If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store

Let's have you go through the first 5 steps in the guide, and then make sure to review the following section:

On your PC

If the issue persists, it would then be best to contact Apple for further assistance:

Get more help

Kind regards.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 10:04 AM in response to chris_O011

Greetings chris_O011,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're unable to search for music within iTunes on your Windows PC.

The following support article provides helpful suggestions for when you're unable to connect with the iTunes Store as expected: If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store

Let's have you go through the first 5 steps in the guide, and then make sure to review the following section:

On your PC

If the issue persists, it would then be best to contact Apple for further assistance:

Get more help

Kind regards.

Aug 3, 2018 11:33 AM in response to turingtest2

I tried the troubleshooting recommended in your link, but I do not have a corrupt or empty iTunes library. All my music is on my iTunes library and I can still download music and access Apple Music from my iPhone, but when trying to even access a tab that is not library on the iTunes application for Windows 10, it does not bring up the store or browsing screen for Apple Music.

Aug 3, 2018 11:38 AM in response to chris_O011

Try right-clicking the iTunes shortcut and using Run as administrator.

In some cases Windows Defender in Windows 10 may block file activity by iTunes that should be allowed. See how to turn off Controlled folder access, or whitelist iTunes, in Windows Defender in order to allow iTunes to run normally. Other anti-virus software can potentially cause similar problems, and excluding the iTunes folder from real-time scanning may help.

tt2

Aug 3, 2018 11:47 AM in response to raina_b22

I appreciate the different solutions, but I the problem does not seem to be with connection problems, as I have never had any problems with my firewall or third-party security software in the past, the connectivity test says there are no problems, there is no error when trying to access the iTunes store and Apple Music, and I can use the iTunes store and Apple Music fine on my phone on the same network that I use to run the application on windows. Also, the settings on my router or access points in my house have not changed. Finally, I have the problem no matter what router I am connected to, whether it be a friend or a public router. If there are any other solutions you can give me that would be very nice but at this point, I think it is best for me to call Apple Support. The only reason I have not yet is cause I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot of pointless and tedious troubleshooting that won't help my problem. Thank you.

Aug 7, 2018 12:39 PM in response to turingtest2

I tried doing the troubleshooting in the article you provided but that did not work either. I even went to my public library to see if there was an issue with the ports for iTunes and my router. I appreciate all the help but at this point, I think I am either going to call Apple or just accept the small but annoying problem with my iTunes application. Thank you again.

Cannot search for music using Windows 10 iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.