Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fail to recover Apple ID password

I'm trying to help an elderly women who lost her Apple ID password and failed to recover it.

When follow the " I Forgot my password" procedure, an email sent to her email address and

she was supposed to use a link to restore the password.

Unfortunately, she has forgot her email password as well and therefore she cannot access the

email sent to here by you.

My question is:

Is there is any way to define another email address (#) instead of here current email address (*) associated

with her Apple ID, so that you can send her your email to the the new one rather then the old one?

(*) *****@ gmail.com

(#) ******@ netvision.net.il

I'll appreciate your effort to help this women, so she can enjoy again using her Iphone.

With regards,

Ami *****

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3.1

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 6:27 AM

To be able to edit the backup email accounts, or add new ones, you need to have access to the Apple ID.

If the original email is not accessible because of a forgotten password, recover the password of such provider.

If the provider does not exist anymore, check Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 6:27 AM in response to amifromraanana

To be able to edit the backup email accounts, or add new ones, you need to have access to the Apple ID.

If the original email is not accessible because of a forgotten password, recover the password of such provider.

If the provider does not exist anymore, check Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Jul 31, 2018 6:25 AM in response to amifromraanana

so that you can send her your email to the the new one rather then the old one?

We are fellow users and these are public user forums, you are not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple on here - I've asked the hosts to remove the email addresses from the post.

You can't add or change an email address on an account if you can't log into the account.

If she can't reset her iTunes account's password herself and can't get access to her email account, she could try contacting Support and see if they can reset the account's password for her : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww

Fail to recover Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.