Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending BT Home Hub 6 with Airport Time Capsule and Express

Hi knowledgable people, can you help me with this please...

We have a Time Capsule connected to BT Home Hub 6 with an ethernet cable. So far this has been configured in bridge mode and we have only used it to back up our MacBooks.

We also have an Airport Express 2nd gen, which was used to facilitate Airplay to Sonos, so it is joined to our BT network.

We now wish to use the Express to extend the BT network into our home office upstairs. I understand from other threads that this is possible because we have the Time Capsule connected to the BT router by ethernet cable. What I can't figure out is how to actually make this happen!

Can anyone help me through what settings I need to configure on both the Time Capsule and the Express?

Thanks!

AirPort Time Capsule 802.11ac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2018 1:31 AM

To work, the Time Capsule (TC) needs to be configured in a roaming network configuration with the BT. That is, in addition to it being connected to the BT by Ethernet, it needs to also broadcast its own Wi-Fi network ... with that network using the same network name or SSID as the BT, and using the same wireless security type & password. Is that the way it is configured now?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2018 1:31 AM in response to Manchestergal

To work, the Time Capsule (TC) needs to be configured in a roaming network configuration with the BT. That is, in addition to it being connected to the BT by Ethernet, it needs to also broadcast its own Wi-Fi network ... with that network using the same network name or SSID as the BT, and using the same wireless security type & password. Is that the way it is configured now?

Extending BT Home Hub 6 with Airport Time Capsule and Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.