Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup and replace Sierra HD on MBP

what is a good backup disk to use for MBP Sierra? I have received a SMART error message which prevent me from applying updates to my MBP Sierra. I then need to replace my hard drive? Where should I buy it?

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2018 1:31 PM

I have purchased RAM several times, a MacBook Pro battery, and a hard drive from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service. Their external hard drives have always worked very well for me. For internal hard drives, they have on-line instructions on how to replace the hard drives.

Other World Computing

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2018 1:31 PM in response to rowhiteny

I have purchased RAM several times, a MacBook Pro battery, and a hard drive from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service. Their external hard drives have always worked very well for me. For internal hard drives, they have on-line instructions on how to replace the hard drives.

Other World Computing

backup and replace Sierra HD on MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.