Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn't load Facebook properly

For the last couple of days, my Safari browser doesn't load Facebook properly at all. It began with some pages - it couldn't load the profile or cover photos when I clicked on them. Then it began having difficulties loading their About or Photos pages. And now it's "spread" to the newsfeed. I only see one or two posts at the top of the feed, and a greyed out More stories at the bottom.

I tried everything listed in the forums here - I cleared the cookies, cache and history, but it did nothing. I disabled my extensions (I only have one, AdBlock), still nothing.

What could the problem be and how come it has started just recently? I've had the Mac for two months now, everything worked just fine.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2018 11:48 AM

It's AdBlock. 😟

Disable it in Safari Preferences, reload the page and I think you'll find it works fine.

If you click on the AdBlock icon on your Safari bar (whilst it's enabled - it disappears when you disable it) it's saying there's a new AdBlock for Safari to download. This may be the solution, but I saw yesterday somewhere a comment that you could's customise it with whitelists etc, which would be useless. Haven't tried it out yet, but may have to.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2018 11:48 AM in response to schumcho

It's AdBlock. 😟

Disable it in Safari Preferences, reload the page and I think you'll find it works fine.

If you click on the AdBlock icon on your Safari bar (whilst it's enabled - it disappears when you disable it) it's saying there's a new AdBlock for Safari to download. This may be the solution, but I saw yesterday somewhere a comment that you could's customise it with whitelists etc, which would be useless. Haven't tried it out yet, but may have to.

Aug 1, 2018 11:45 AM in response to schumcho

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Safari doesn't load Facebook properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.