Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I pair my AirPods with a landline phone?

I am an old lady and not very tech savvy, please bear with me... I have a landline in my work office. I can't stand using the one-ear "telemarketer-style" headset and want to use my AirPods. Given that my phone is old and in need of replacement I thought I would get one that could pair with my AirPods. I've been searching online, but everything seems to be about getting cell phone calls to the landline phone -- the opposite of what I want. Does the type of phone I'm trying to find -- one that can pair with my AirPods -- even exist? Can this be done? Oh, and yes, I do have an iPhone (6+) to go with those pods.

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 2:36 PM

Hi!

Thank you for your inquiry.

I don't believe that such a landline exists. Any device that is capable of connecting to a Bluetooth headset would support the AirPods though. Searching for a Bluetooth-capable landline might widen the search results.

I struggle with this same issue at my office so please let me know if you do find anything.

Hope this helps,

Richard

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2018 2:36 PM in response to rokchik2

Hi!

Thank you for your inquiry.

I don't believe that such a landline exists. Any device that is capable of connecting to a Bluetooth headset would support the AirPods though. Searching for a Bluetooth-capable landline might widen the search results.

I struggle with this same issue at my office so please let me know if you do find anything.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Jul 31, 2018 2:36 PM in response to Richard Fernandez

Hi!

I might've found something. After searching for 'Bluetooth capable landline', I found the following on Amazon: Amazon.com : Panasonic KX-TG7642M DECT 6.0 Link-to-Cell via Bluetooth Cordless Phone with Answering System - 2 Handsets …

You could simply not use the feature where the cell phone links to the landline and instead pair your AirPods with the landline. If you're not aware on how to pair the AirPods to a non-Apple device, you would simply do the following:

1. Pick up your AirPods charging case and open it.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case.
  3. Launch the Bluetooth settings on your device.
  4. Select AirPods from the list.
  5. Confirm the pairing.

Hope this help,

Richard

Jul 31, 2018 1:43 PM in response to rokchik2

There are landline phones that will connect with your cell phone. I imagine you could use your AirPods with the cell phone while connected to the landline phone. You might want to call the manufucturer of one or two models. And, check out the question and answer section on Amazon.

Here's one model I saw:

Amazon.com : Panasonic KXTGF380M Dect 1-Handset Landline Telephone : Electronics

How do I pair my AirPods with a landline phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.