Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supervised iOS device - Global HTTP Proxy profile credentials cached in device. And how to clear it?

Hello All,

Reference to old article How to make iOS forgetting a proxy credential?

I encountered the credential cache behavior when Global HTTP Proxy profile distributed from MDM. And about 15 mins ago. I've retired this device and push Global HTTP Proxy again via Apple Configurator. And once profile installed. iOS device didn't prompt me for credentials(maybe because i didn't power reset it) and Squid proxy log shows the device connecting to websites with credentials first time I filled in.

Device iOS version is 11.4.1, another test DEP device enrolled to MDM with iOS 11.4.0 also have the same symptom.

And I found when device power reset, it prompts for Proxy Credentials, but if I click OK and ignore the authentication prompt. iOS device keeps connecting to Proxy via old credentials.

iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.4.1, Supervised iPHone or iPAD

Posted on Aug 1, 2018 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2018 12:59 AM

Hello,

Proxy credential does not exist in test devices.

Although Autofill option was enabled in devices in the past, but I don't think it is related to the problem as the Proxy authentication prompt from iOS device level... I didn't open anything when the device reboot.

May take some time to take more test later

Thanks

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2018 12:59 AM in response to askbarnabas

Hello,

Proxy credential does not exist in test devices.

Although Autofill option was enabled in devices in the past, but I don't think it is related to the problem as the Proxy authentication prompt from iOS device level... I didn't open anything when the device reboot.

May take some time to take more test later

Thanks

Supervised iOS device - Global HTTP Proxy profile credentials cached in device. And how to clear it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.