Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Wrong album art

My iphone displays the wrong album art on new albums I buy. Please help me. I've already cleared the caches

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2018 10:41 PM

Hello nwsansom

I have experienced this on my iPhone X to be precise and many years ago.

Let me clarify certain aspects:

• You're iTunes will display correctly ? But your iOS device will get the Album Artwork mixed up correct ?
  • If so then I suggest you Go over to iTunes -> Tap your iOS device -> Tap Music ->Under Music Deselect Sync All songs "Checkbox" -> Tap Sync
  • Now all your music from your iOS device should be removed unless you previously downloaded some tracks/albums from the iTunes App onto your device

Once All the Songs that were Synced through iTunes are removed then you can proceed by doing the following:

Go over to iTunes -> Tap your iOS device -> Tap Music -> Under Music Select Sync All songs "Checkbox" -> Tap Sync

All your ArtWork should now be properly synced to your iOS device!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2018 10:41 PM in response to nwsansom

Hello nwsansom

I have experienced this on my iPhone X to be precise and many years ago.

Let me clarify certain aspects:

• You're iTunes will display correctly ? But your iOS device will get the Album Artwork mixed up correct ?
  • If so then I suggest you Go over to iTunes -> Tap your iOS device -> Tap Music ->Under Music Deselect Sync All songs "Checkbox" -> Tap Sync
  • Now all your music from your iOS device should be removed unless you previously downloaded some tracks/albums from the iTunes App onto your device

Once All the Songs that were Synced through iTunes are removed then you can proceed by doing the following:

Go over to iTunes -> Tap your iOS device -> Tap Music -> Under Music Select Sync All songs "Checkbox" -> Tap Sync

All your ArtWork should now be properly synced to your iOS device!

Aug 4, 2018 12:33 AM in response to nwsansom

Hello

For your information to transfer content to any iOS device via USB from iTunes you have to tap "Sync" (Synchronize)

Regardless of whatever method you choose:

That is to say either you "Sync" the Entire "Music" content or "Manually select what you want" you have to Tap "Sync"

Please note that "Sync" and "Apply" perform the same functions!

It's only when you make changes to what data you wish to transfer to your iOS device does "Sync" turn to "Apply"

Aug 4, 2018 11:30 AM in response to Asher Menezes

Hmmm. That’s confusing. When I went to uncheck sync per your first instruction, it was already unsynced. Your instructions were a little hard to follow as I tried step by step but has difficulties. I backed up my phone and restored it which fixed some buy broke other album art. Do you have any other advice please? I have an iPhone 6s and the latest iTunes. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Itunes Wrong album art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.