Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 2 Heating Up!!!!

My iPad mini 2 suddenly started heating up after I updated it to iOS 12 beta 3, then I was frightened that it might be the battery,but after the diagnostic test ran it luckily did not show up for any battery Problems which I got to know after chatting with Apple support, I just installed the Apple support app, chatted with one of the representatives and got suggestions regarding heating and to save battery life.

Guys, to save battery life and prevent heating, turn off background app refresh, Bluetooth, location services and try restoring the iPad as a new device or hard reset it, ensure the heating is normal but if it is heating so much that you can’t even hold it just take it to the nearest Apple Store to get it inspected.The problem I faced was resolved by turning off background app refresh and by restoring it as a new device and by downgrading it back to iOS 11.4.1.

Regards,

Darshan Sunil Malagimani.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1, Nothing Else.

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2018 10:23 AM

I got it resolved.

1 reply

iPad mini 2 Heating Up!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.