Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad heating up

So recently I’ve been noticing my iPad more precisely my iPad mini 4 is heating up on the right side and not just when I’m playing games but even If I just turn it on and unlock it, it starts to heat up. I’m running iOS 12 but this started after iOS 11 was installed on my iPad I’ve had it for 2 years now and just recently noticed this like I said since iOS 11 but I had stopped using my iPad for a while since the new phones came out and a couple months later the issue is still there after multiple updates to the software

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 12.0.1, iPad mini 4

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 5:43 AM

Some warmth is normal. Charging the battery and using the device generates heat. The benchmark for it to be na issue is ‘too hot to handle’, if the heat is ever so hot that you can’t handle the device, stop using it and make an appointment at an apple store to have it checked out.

In the meantime, if you are concerned, go ahead and make an appointment at an apple store or authorized service provider and have them check it out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2018 5:43 AM in response to Emilio5655

Some warmth is normal. Charging the battery and using the device generates heat. The benchmark for it to be na issue is ‘too hot to handle’, if the heat is ever so hot that you can’t handle the device, stop using it and make an appointment at an apple store to have it checked out.

In the meantime, if you are concerned, go ahead and make an appointment at an apple store or authorized service provider and have them check it out.

iPad heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.