Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photos on Photos App Macbook

I have live photos on my iPhone 6s that I want to import to Macbook photos app, not through iCloud, but through usb import way.

But in photos app, import section, the app does not show any live photos from the phone.

Also Images -> Turn on live photos option is disabled.

How can I import live photos from my iPhone to macbook ?

Why is it so difficult when google photos can do it so easily ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 1:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 2:29 AM

The easiest way would be to use the ImageCapture .app.

It can show you a lot more data about the items you want to import, because it has a nice list view where you can see the filenames, pixel size, the filenames, the capture date, and the media kind. You can sort this list by clicking the titles of the columns.

A Live Photo will be shown as a pair of two files, a video component and a still frame. Photos does the same, but you cannot access the Info for more than one selected photo, so it will be hard to tell, which items to import. Using Image Capture you can import directly to Photos or to a folder.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2018 2:29 AM in response to injulkarnilesh

The easiest way would be to use the ImageCapture .app.

It can show you a lot more data about the items you want to import, because it has a nice list view where you can see the filenames, pixel size, the filenames, the capture date, and the media kind. You can sort this list by clicking the titles of the columns.

A Live Photo will be shown as a pair of two files, a video component and a still frame. Photos does the same, but you cannot access the Info for more than one selected photo, so it will be hard to tell, which items to import. Using Image Capture you can import directly to Photos or to a folder.

Live photos on Photos App Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.