Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music says my account is restricted

So, I tried today to switch my standard apple music account to the student option. I just had my college orientation a few days ago, and I got my ID and everything. My Unidays account is verified, and it worked fine. When I try to switch my account, however, it redirects me to a webpage that says “This promotion isn’t available to you as your account is restricted.” What??? Can someone please help me get this working?

Posted on Aug 5, 2018 7:04 AM

2 replies

Aug 6, 2018 12:58 PM in response to layluuu

Greetings, layluuu!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having issues with switching over to your student Apple Music subscription and I’m happy to help! I recommend taking a look at this thread from uriahkm with a similar issue I am a student and verified it and it wen… - Apple Community. Specifically, check out this Apple Recommended solution from Sparkleberry with the best steps you can take to resolve your issue:

Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

About validation

When you join Apple Music as a student, UNiDAYS, a student validation service, confirms that you're enrolled in a degree-granting university or college1.

Periodically, UNiDAYS re-validates your student status. If UNiDAYS finds that you're no longer a student or if you have a Student subscription for a full 48 months, your subscription automatically becomes an Apple Music Individual subscription.

Link to UNiDAYS support via Apple

https://www.myunidays.com/US/en-US/account/register-wayf

Have a great day!

Aug 6, 2018 1:03 PM in response to layluuu

You have to make the subscription change on a computer or Android phone. You cannot do it on your iOS device:

If you already subscribe to Apple Music

If you have an Individual subscription to Apple Music, you can change to a Student subscription in the Music app or in iTunes on a computer. You can also change on an Android phone.

If you already subscribe to Apple Music, your Student subscription won't take effect until your current billing cycle comes to an end. You won't be billed at the Student price until your date of renewal.

If you see a message that says "This device is linked to another Apple ID," learn how to disassociate your device.

You can also change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

From this support article: Get an Apple Music Student subscription - Apple Support

Best,

GB

Apple Music says my account is restricted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.