Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID stopped after battery replacement

This might be helpful to someone else: I took my iPhone 7 to the genius bar to get a battery replacement. Battery was replaced, but then I discovered the touch id would not work at all. I called the store, and they made another genius bar appt. I went back and was told that there was nothing wrong with the phone, but they could replace the home button for $58. I was polite but firm, that this happened as a result of the battery replacement. Long story short, after resetting the phone and touch ID would still not work, they replaced the display and now it works. If you get your battery replaced, make sure touch ID works.

iPhone 7

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2018 9:56 PM

Yes, my point is that I had an Apple technician replace the battery, and discovered on the way home that the touch ID would not work. The touch ID was disabled (possibly a connection) by the act of replacing the battery. I found one other instance on the Apple communities that this happened to someone. The Apple rep wanted to charge me to fix it, but I was adamant that the problem happened when they changed out the battery. After working on software troubleshooting, they finally agreed to waive the cost of a new display.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2018 9:56 PM in response to ckuan

Yes, my point is that I had an Apple technician replace the battery, and discovered on the way home that the touch ID would not work. The touch ID was disabled (possibly a connection) by the act of replacing the battery. I found one other instance on the Apple communities that this happened to someone. The Apple rep wanted to charge me to fix it, but I was adamant that the problem happened when they changed out the battery. After working on software troubleshooting, they finally agreed to waive the cost of a new display.

Touch ID stopped after battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.