Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air power issues

My MacBook Air would not turn on even if fully charged or on/off the charger so I did the SMC reset and when I pushed the power button to turn it on, the fan started up, I heard the start up chime and the display lit up it then turned off. Please help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Hi mikayla237,

Is your Mac able to boot Recovery Mode? Hold down Command-R as you turn on your MacBook Air. Release the keys when the Apple logo appears, or when a spinning globe appears.

If you are able to boot Recovery Mode, open Disk Utility and run First Aid on your startup disk. If it's protected by FileVault, select your startup disk and click the Mount button. Enter your login password when prompted. Then, click First Aid.

You might be able to test your Mac's hardware by running Apple Diagnostics: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2018 12:10 PM in response to mikayla237

Hi mikayla237,

Is your Mac able to boot Recovery Mode? Hold down Command-R as you turn on your MacBook Air. Release the keys when the Apple logo appears, or when a spinning globe appears.

If you are able to boot Recovery Mode, open Disk Utility and run First Aid on your startup disk. If it's protected by FileVault, select your startup disk and click the Mount button. Enter your login password when prompted. Then, click First Aid.

You might be able to test your Mac's hardware by running Apple Diagnostics: How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

MacBook Air power issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.