Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I manage storage of 2 phones with the same Apple ID

I have two phones using the same Apple ID. My iCloud storage is Dillon up rapidly. Is there a way to delete Content on iCloud. Then turn off storring data from one phone and then reload content up to iCloud from the phone that’s set to be backed up?

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 6:15 AM

You can delete iCloud data from the phone you don't want to sync to iCloud, but since both phones are using the same Apple ID, the data will be deleted from both phones. If you are trying to delete backups of one phone, you can do that, and then either sign out of Settings/Your Name/iCloud or turn off backups for the desired phone.

Manage your iCloud storage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2018 6:15 AM in response to hoyamann

You can delete iCloud data from the phone you don't want to sync to iCloud, but since both phones are using the same Apple ID, the data will be deleted from both phones. If you are trying to delete backups of one phone, you can do that, and then either sign out of Settings/Your Name/iCloud or turn off backups for the desired phone.

Manage your iCloud storage

How do I manage storage of 2 phones with the same Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.