Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud library won't download on phone

So I got a new iPhone (the iPhone X 64 gb to be specific), and all my icloud photos downloaded within an hour of me logging into my iCloud. Afterwards, I was messing around with some of the photo settings (stupidly), and turned off the iCloud Photo Library on the new phone. I was prompted that all of my photos would still be on iCloud and be available for resyncing and download. However, my photos still won't download. I have a random 100 or so of them, but nothing compared to the 350 I originally had. The status in the Moments tab is stuck on "Updating..." and won't download anymore photos. My phone has been off low power mode every night and connected to a WiFi source. Is there anyway to get my photos back without resetting the phone?

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 2:51 PM

Hello Unsure_IOS_User,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're missing photos after turning off and turning on iCloud Photo Library on your new iPhone. I know photos can be extremely valuable. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure the missing photos are still located in iCloud.com . If the photos are there and the issue persists, try restarting your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the photos still aren't loading, test the issue on while connected to a different Wi-Fi network. Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2018 2:51 PM in response to Unsure_IOS_User

Hello Unsure_IOS_User,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you're missing photos after turning off and turning on iCloud Photo Library on your new iPhone. I know photos can be extremely valuable. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure the missing photos are still located in iCloud.com . If the photos are there and the issue persists, try restarting your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the photos still aren't loading, test the issue on while connected to a different Wi-Fi network. Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

iCloud library won't download on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.