Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error importing iPhone photos to PC

Hi All,

I am facing issue while importing iPhone photos to PC, I have tried three ways to import so far and none of there is able to import successfully.... As my storage is almost full my motive here is to copy all the photos to PC and delete them once copied so that i get free space in my device. trying to copy around 2.5k photos and videos.

Versions: Windows 10 latest public patch

iOS: 11.4.1

Device: iPhone X 64GB

Apple support suggested to keep the iPhone unlocked the whole time (will play a long video to not get locked automatically) and also iTunes app needs to be opened in PC (not sure why)

1. Photos app > import starts but fail's at some point saying "something went wrong"

2. iPhone drive which will appear in my PC - right click and choose option import pictures and videos - it asks to skip a picture for some error and ended up skipping half of the pictures and at the end when it starts to delete the photo, it deletes the photos its skipped too so lost few pictures.

3. iPhone drive which will appear in my PC - manually cut and paste in a folder and this stuck in the middle tooo

All three methods connected the phone to PC via original Apple lightening cable

All these methods there is not disturbance to the phone or PC, the connection is stable.

I even tried to import around 200 photos each at a time some batch will be moved successfully but some will fail again.Did anyone face similar issues before, if there any other way to import please help me out.

Thanks,

Baradan

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 5:46 AM

It might be that one of the files is corrupt. Can you create a ZIP file from that folder or does also give you the error?

If that does not work:

1. Enable iCloud Photo Library (iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support) and download photos using iCloud for Windows (Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support) or via https://www.icloud.com
  2. Copy the pictures in smaller batches, like 20 pictures at a time, to see which one in particular is failing
  3. Enable View Hidden Files in Windows, make sure you are copying only the pictures, not the entire folder or any hidden file

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2018 5:46 AM in response to deabi23

It might be that one of the files is corrupt. Can you create a ZIP file from that folder or does also give you the error?

If that does not work:

1. Enable iCloud Photo Library (iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support) and download photos using iCloud for Windows (Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support) or via https://www.icloud.com
  2. Copy the pictures in smaller batches, like 20 pictures at a time, to see which one in particular is failing
  3. Enable View Hidden Files in Windows, make sure you are copying only the pictures, not the entire folder or any hidden file

Error importing iPhone photos to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.