Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore iCloud backup without resetting phone?

Hi! I have an iPhone 8+ and this morning I was using one of my notes when I accidentally deleted it. Luckily, I knew it would be in accidentally deleted so I went there and accidentally deleted it again. (Not my brightest moment - I thought that clicking the garbage icon would give me an option restore it or to delete it permanently) I consulted some of my friends and they said that I could restore my phone. I plugged it into my computer and it showed that the last computer backup I could restore to is from 7/7/17, which is quite some time ago and it was back when I had my iPhone 7. Then, I saw that I had a more recent iCloud backup from 8/8/18, and I thought that I should restore it there. Unfortunately, I cannot tell if there is a way to restore my phone to this backup without completely resetting my phone.

Additionally, some users online have been saying that my notes are not stored in iCloud backups and therefore do not transfer over, but I want to know if this is true or not, given that when I go Settings>Kiley (My iCloud)>iCloud, it says that notes are there. If possible, I really need this note back. I was also wondering if I could restore my phone to the 7/7/17 computer date to retrieve what I had of the note back then, and then reset it to my iCloud backup from 8/8/18 to bring me back to normal?

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to retrieve this note. I'm desperate.

Thanks, Kiley

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2018 9:10 AM

Using Apple's tools, iCloud or iTunes backups are only accessible from the Apps & Data page of the setup assistant. The setup assistant is only available after erasing your device.

There may be 3rd party solutions to your issue. I would suggest a Google search.

Similar questions

1 reply

How to restore iCloud backup without resetting phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.