Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ethernet disconnects when changing Airplay in iTunes

I have an issue changing my Airplay Speaker in Itunes, I had to do it multiple times before it works.

What is extremely wierd is that Ethernet briefly disconnects every time iTunes changes the speaker.

This is what I'm talking about : Airplay - YouTube

I couldn't reproduce the issue on another mac on the same network, just mine.

iTunes 12.8.0.150

(Sorry for the re-post, I posted from the wrong Apple Account first)

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6), null

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 4:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2018 2:55 PM

You're right, it is happening also if you choose to send system sound to Airplay.

I've made an interesting discovery today, my Mac supports what they call "AVB/EAV Mode" in Network Preferences / Advanced… / Hardware. If I turn it off, then the Ethernet doesnt disconnect anymore when changing Airplay, but I get no sound either. You might want to give it a shot.

I also opened a bug with Apple under the reference 43242577

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2018 2:55 PM in response to andy295

You're right, it is happening also if you choose to send system sound to Airplay.

I've made an interesting discovery today, my Mac supports what they call "AVB/EAV Mode" in Network Preferences / Advanced… / Hardware. If I turn it off, then the Ethernet doesnt disconnect anymore when changing Airplay, but I get no sound either. You might want to give it a shot.

I also opened a bug with Apple under the reference 43242577

Ethernet disconnects when changing Airplay in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.