Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay stops suddenly on iPad and iPhone but not MacBook Air

I stream music from my computer to my Airplay speakers without any difficulty, but if I stream from the same sources on my iPhone or iPad it stops after 10 or 15 minutes. Once it stops, it keeps stopping more frequently. All devices have updated operating systems. If it was a bandwidth problem, surely it would affect the computer's connection.

So any ideas why this happens?

iPad, 12

Posted on Feb 12, 2019 5:18 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2019 5:36 PM in response to JerryZzz

The Airport Express bases extend the wifi network, so connectivity is strong throughout the house. I can transmit from my laptop anywhere in the house without dropping the signal. The problem is only with my iPad and my iPhone.

The wifi network is structured as follows: the internet enters the house by a cable connected to a modem, which is in bridge mode and is connected to a Time Capsule, which is serving as a router. Using Airport Utility, I have connected two Airport Express bases to the Time Capsule. On all the devices -- Time Capsule and the Airport Express bases -- Airplay is turned on.

Airplay stops suddenly on iPad and iPhone but not MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.