Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay from Mac

For a long time, I have had no problem playing Music, from my Mac, to my multiple wireless speakers, all B&O, then, all of a sudden, last night, in mid-play, this stopped. Since then, I have only been able to play from my Mac to one speaker at a time. I have restarted my wireless network, ‘Music’, my Mac and all the speakers. I can play to multiple devices from my iPad but still not from my Mac. All my devices have the latest updates. Any suggestions?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 21, 2020 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2020 7:42 AM

I received this reply, on another thread, from ‘Vtgolfr’: "Good news. If I hold down the option key on my iMac while selecting my Homepods under the dropdown menu for Airplay Music will play to any combination of the Homepods. I once again have my music from my library playing throughout the house. While I am glad this is working again it would be nice if Apple gave you some kind of clue as to how to do this."

It works!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2020 7:42 AM in response to extankerman

I received this reply, on another thread, from ‘Vtgolfr’: "Good news. If I hold down the option key on my iMac while selecting my Homepods under the dropdown menu for Airplay Music will play to any combination of the Homepods. I once again have my music from my library playing throughout the house. While I am glad this is working again it would be nice if Apple gave you some kind of clue as to how to do this."

It works!

AirPlay from Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.