You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone does not ring for text or calls. The side switch is up and it appears I have proper settings? Help!! Btw... I get notifications for emails.

My phone no longer rings for text or calls. Side switch is up. I believe the settings are ok. But I have stopped getting rings. I get audio notifications for my email but not for calls or texts. Please help?

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 9:22 AM

First, restart the phone ("when in doubt, reboot") - Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support If that doesn't fix it, proceed.

Is there a crescent moon it the top bar? If so, go to Settings/Do Not Disturb and turn it off.

Open the phone to the HOME screen. Hold the Volume UP button just below the Mute switch and watch the Ringer dialog. Does the "thermometer" go up? Was it down?

If it goes up all the way does the ringer work? Does the phone vibrate on an incoming call? If not, go to Settings/Sounds and Haptics. Is Vibrate on Ring on? Is there a sound assigned to Ringtone? Tap on it, then work your way to the actual sound and see if it works.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2018 9:22 AM in response to Solarscott

First, restart the phone ("when in doubt, reboot") - Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support If that doesn't fix it, proceed.

Is there a crescent moon it the top bar? If so, go to Settings/Do Not Disturb and turn it off.

Open the phone to the HOME screen. Hold the Volume UP button just below the Mute switch and watch the Ringer dialog. Does the "thermometer" go up? Was it down?

If it goes up all the way does the ringer work? Does the phone vibrate on an incoming call? If not, go to Settings/Sounds and Haptics. Is Vibrate on Ring on? Is there a sound assigned to Ringtone? Tap on it, then work your way to the actual sound and see if it works.

My phone does not ring for text or calls. The side switch is up and it appears I have proper settings? Help!! Btw... I get notifications for emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.